McCurdy Rawlins Cemetery

McCurdy Rawlins Cemetery

Postby lindee51 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 am

Can anyone tell me how to find this cemetery? Findagrave says it is off Beaver Rd, Loganville....I have driven down this rd and could not locate it. I believe an ancester of mine to be buried there around 1825. If you don't know the location, could you give me some direction as to who to contact?
lindee51

Re: McCurdy Rawlins Cemetery

Postby ghsweb » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 pm

We are working on mapping the GPS coordinates of all Gwinnett cemeteries but haven't gotten to this one. The old directions we have are: 1.5 mi. S of US 78 at Rosebud & Brushy Fork Roads but also: Dist 5, Lot 128, Parcel 027 (this would be somewhere in the Breckinridge Club development off Old Loganville Rd).

A little more digging found this: Find-a-Grave has a map [http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=crMap&CRid=2455093]. Access appears to be at the cement slab under the power lines between 283 and 287 Rockingham Dr.
ghsweb
Site Admin

Re: McCurdy Rawlins Cemetery

Postby lindee51 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:03 am

I think you are right about it being at the back of the Brecken ridge subdivision. I spoke today with the gentleman who did take care of the cemetery himself and still, since he is now in his 90's pays someone to do it. The directions he gave me were to turn right on Brecken ridge, take an immediate right, follow the road until you see a large power line clearing, look for the pad and the cemetery is at the top of the hill. I will visit soon!
lindee51

Return to General