Clement Family in Gwinnett

Discussions and queries about families

Clement Family in Gwinnett

Postby Judy Clements Dyer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 am

Looking for more information on Clement families in early Gwinnett. I have a little information on Rev Benjamin Franklin Clement (1826-1912) and Dr Benjamin Clement (1876-1929), and would appreciate any additional information you might have. Many thanks.
Judy Clements Dyer

Re: Clement Family in Gwinnett

Postby Mike.McGinnis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello Judy,

I have McGinnis ancestry in Gwinnett which is what brings me to this forum. I noticed your post because I have Clements ancestors as well. I don't know if they came from Gwinnett, but I do have a Jeptha H. Clements, b 1822 in GA. His son, Lavosia Montier Clements was the grandfather of my grandmother. He has a very distinctive name, so would be hard to confuse with another Clements. I would be glad to exchange information.

Mike McGinnis
Mike.McGinnis

Postby Mike.McGinnis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Was browsing census images on Ancestry.com, and I noticed a James Clements on the Gwinnett county, GA census for 1820. Image 6 of 19. Looks like his household had 1 white male over 45, 1 white female over 45, and 12 slaves.
Mike.McGinnis

Postby Barrycdog » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:30 am

Mr. Clement of Gwinnett - To prohibit the manufacture and sale of spirituous liquors within three miles of Nazareth Protestant Methodist Church in Gwinnett County. Atlanta Constitution August 14, 1889 Page 2
Barrycdog

Postby Wehunt_sam » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:39 am

Have you found the information on BF Clement in the book on Gwinnett Churhes ? It contains his photo as well. I currently researching a book on one of the Churches that BF Clement once served as pastor (Shiloh Baptist Church in Norcross, Ga.). I would love to obtain a better photo of any of the pastors and events at this church if anyone should have them.
Wehunt_sam

Return to Families