Hazelrigs Family

Discussions and queries about families

Hazelrigs Family

Postby ehm0311 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm

I believe the first Hazelrigs in Gwinnett was Benjamin Hazelrigs sometime around 1820. I'm very interested in all the information about the family. The only cemetery shown is the Cofer Hazelrigs in Foxmoor Subdivision.There are many Hazelrigs buried at Bethesda Methodist Church as well, but my grandmother Ida Atkinson was Baptist and took my Dad and his siblings to a Baptist Church. My aunt told me years ago that some Hazelrigs were buried somewhere along Hwy 29 as well. I believe (according to my deceased uncle) that the farm that my grandfather (Will A. Hazelrigs) was somewhere in the Gloster Rd/Hwy 29 area. When he died, my grandmother sold that farm and moved to a farm in what is now W Park Place and Hwy 78. I also know that a Hazelrigs is buried up the road from me on Dogwood which used to be a Primitive Baptist and now is a Presbyterian, and other Hazelrigs buried behind the church at Camp Creek and Arcado in Lilburn. I hope to be able to join the First Families of Gwinnett. Any information you can give me would be very appreciated. Elaine Hazelrigs Manross, Lilburn
ehm0311

Return to Families